Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


Election day is here and I have been so excited about today that I almost forgot to vote! Haha...I woke up this morning at Stezza's apt...after yet another night of drinking wine and talking shiz.  I left her place and just went straight to the poll.  

Now my polling place here in the Lower East/East Village is just plain ghetto. I mean SERIOUSLY between the Ricans speaking Spanglish, the old Black ladies saying "It's gonna be some shit if Barack doesn't win" while looking to see if you are registered, and the young hipster parents behind me in line with their 2 year old kid telling them "how important today is" and they only care about eating their crayons...I almost got out of line! But you gotta do what you gotta do! I only had to wait in line for about 10 minutes and (TA-DA!) Barack'd my vote!

Surprisingly, I actually did get sentimental (yes, I know being "Ice-Ice Baby" means that you are not allowed to get emotional, but I couldn't help it!). It's just that I'm really excited about this election and hopefully our country gets out of this recession-depression and then we will all make the dough and ball out of control, not caring that Barack is planning on spreading the wealth because we actually HAVE IT!

Rock the vote dudes!

No comments: